With 48 countries in Asia, you all have many things you can do and enjoy. Asia may not always be the first place that comes in your mind when talking about holiday, but once you select it you will not regret your decision. Not only places that provide you with memories but also activities that you will enjoy, foods that you can taste and experience different cultures.
Without having too many thoughts, select a country; learn more about it and also about the people living in the country. You may feel there is nothing that can entertain you but take a jump and find out things that are beyond your imagination. In Asia, there are many historical sites, museums, hidden places yet to be explored and many more that will give you all with memories to live by.
Let’s look at five countries in Asia and what can you do there for you all to enjoy!
- Sri Lanka:- With history going back to sixth century B.C, Sri Lanka is a country which is very rich in culture. You may be able to enjoy not only new cultures they have adapted but also the old cultures that have been passed from generation to generation. It is a country which you can visit at any time all- round the year rather than waiting for a certain season to visit. Get to explore the country’s eight UNESCO World Heritage Sites which are Kandy, Dambulla, Sigriya Fortress, Galle and four more.
- Explore the cultural places in the place and also the ruins of the palace
- Visit the ancient royal compound of Sigiriya also known as Lion’s Rock
- Talk a walk in garden of rocks
- Enjoy the Buddhist caves built back in first century
2. Nepal:- A country between India and China, blessed with nature , mountain peaks, culture, tradition and many other things is Nepal. Get to enjoy places in walking distance, hike to many destinations enjoying the nature, taste different foods, cultural heritage sites to visit and many more things. You can also travel to places like pokhara, chitwan, mustang, dhulikhel, where everything is diverse and will let you know more about Nepal.
- Visit four UNESCO World Heritage Sites which are Kathmandu Valley, Lumbini, Chitwan National Park and Sagarmatha Nationall Park
- Enjoy Helicopter ride to mountain peaks when you don’t want to travel to the place by foot
- Visit spiritual places like Pashpatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath Stupa and also visit Bhaktapur
- Enjoy various festivals like Holi i.e. festival of color, Dashain, Tihar festival, Indra jatra and many more.
- Paragliding, Rafting, Bungee Jumping and many other outdoor activities
3. Indonesia:- By size, Indonesia is the largest nation in Southeast Asia known as one of the interesting and an exotic destination for travelers. With hundreds of volcanoes situated at the meeting point of the Indian and Pacific Oceans, visiting tropical paradise i.e. Bali, taste their foods, visit villa that offers juice and snacks and many other places. Witness mesmerizing beauty, waves where you can surf, sacred temples, filled with rich cultures and exciting shopping places. Enjoy visiting the nine UNESCO World Heritage Sites like Komodo National Park, Borobudor Temple and others and also, learn about them.
- Visit Bali, a place with long beaches and deep blue sea
- Visit the caves situated in the country
- Learn about their culture and get to experience as well
- Have a chance to look at the animal as it’s known to be heaven for those who love animals.
4. Malaysia:- Known for its capital city i.e. Kuala Lampur, which is known for being a business and financial hub companied with beautiful places. Malaysia is a country which has diverse cultures, races and religions which brings a unique element that is hard to find in other countries. There are many things for you to do like, visit PETRORNAS Towers, Batu Caves, experience the diverse in cultures, visit UNESCO world Heritage Sites and do many fun activities.
- Have a chance to look at the architectural designs ranging from cultural to modern
- Go trekking to national parks like Taman Negara National Park
- Shop products such as Batik, Sarong, Tropical fruit chocolate and other
- Visit food markets which are opened at day as well as night
5. Bhutan:- Being one of the expensive country to visit, there is low number of people visiting the place but it is a place not to miss. Being a poor country, tourism helps to provide opportunities for people so, the government charges people when they want to visit the country. The country surely won’t disappoint you as it’s filled with beautiful nature, a country filled with happiness, textiles that will leave you mesmerized and activities that you can do to have fun. Have a chance to visit the historic Taktsang known as Tiger’s Nest Temple which was built 3000 feet above the Paro valley on a rocky cliff.
- Have a chance to hike to the Tiger’s Nest Temple
- Learn how to do archery and try to score a bulls eye
- Shop various handmade products like shawls, scarves made from raw cotton or silk
- Enjoy dishes that will leave your taste buds tingling
Even though there are only five countries listed here, there are other countries like South Korea, Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar and more where you can travel to enjoy whatever they have to offer you. Whenever and wherever you want to travel, do keep in mind about what Asia has to offer to you. With the thought in mind that there are many places you can travel, make memories and have fun equally in Asia, make sure to check out the countries situated here.
So, check out the places, select your destination and just travel!